Purposes, Mission Statement and Cemeteries Under the Jurisdiction of St. Ninian’s
The objects, aims and purposes of St. Ninian’s Cemetery Care Company are:
- Administer the Corporal Works of Mercy for burying the dead and caring for their resting places, under the jurisdiction of St Ninian’s Parish, Antigonish Nova Scotia.
- Acceptance of the responsibility for implementing this religious function under the direction and Supervision of the local Church Authority.
- Provide an Environment appropriate for the celebration of the burial rites of the Church, for prayer and visitation focused on the Resurrection.
- Manage and protect the cemeteries that fall under the jurisdiction of St Ninian’s Parish listed below, by Promoting and Preserving the Grounds and the Monuments within these cemeteries.
Listed Cemeteries under the Jurisdiction of St Ninian Parish:
- St. Ninian’s Cemetery (Pioneer Cemetery) – 308 Main St., Antigonish, N.S.
- St. Ninian’s Cemetery – on the South Side of Highway # 4 between Church St. in Antigonish and Highway # 7.